Dusty

What are the brown spots on my cat's nose?

She has a pink nose and now small brown spots appear and disappear. My Vet did not explain it when I showed it to her. Should I be worried as her kidneys are failing.

Asked by Dusty on Apr 15th 2014 Tagged brownspotsoncatsnose in Health & Wellness

Answers

If she has failing kidneys, she is at the end of her life span. Do not worry, your goal from here until the end is to keep her as comfortable and happy as possible. If she still eats treats like Greenies, indulge her. If she likes wet food, add more to her diet (prescription if that is what she is currently eating), and another water bowl to make sure she is hydrated at all times. Ask your vet again the next time you go to your vet for a BUN test, and thanks for caring! ^_^

Ka - zar 1.6.1998 to 25.2.2014

My cat Ka - zar had a brown spot on his nose and I asked our vet about it and turned out to be a freckle nothing to worry about and I thought of it as a character mark. As for kidney failure he never had it in his 15 years on this earth and had the brown mark for most of his life too.

Ka - zar 1.6.1998 to 25.2.2014 answered on 5/2/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer