we're having problem everytime our persian cat pooping he used to do it in our sink, what should i do?

Asked by Member 1159356 on Mar 19th 2013 in Behavior & Training

Answers

The quick fix, and one I use to keep Delilah from pooping in my bathtub, is to keep a few inches of water in the tub or sink. No cat I know wants so badly to poop in a sink or tub that they'll stand in cold water to do so. Make sure his litter box is VERY clean and don't change litters on him. Make sure it's in a private area (mine are in a closet), put out more than one box for him in different areas. Don't shriek at or hit him if he poops outside the box.That just makes the situation worse. Take him to the vet to make sure he doesn't have any health issues that make it painful for him to 'go'.