We recently adopted a 12 week old kitten. Wont stop meowing. It is so loud and annoying

He has a clean bill of health and usually does it when HE leaves the room and at night time. We've tried ignoring it as to not enforce the bad behavior, but it doesn't stop.

I think he does it for attention, but one of us is usually home with him and we play with him/pet him all the time. He does not lack attention.

We've have him for 3 days

Asked by Member 1140196 on Nov 11th 2012 Tagged meow, constant, loud, attention in Noisiness

Answers

Don't lose patience with this little guy. After only 3 days, he is still acclimating himself to his new home and new "people". He may miss his litter or shelter mates. He may be lonely and fearful. We get questions from people who are concerned that their cats make no noise at all. He is seeking reassurance and yes, he is looking for attention. Be patient, loving and kind. Talk to him. When I got Izzie, I even read children's books to him. Your kitten needs to know he's wanted and loved and that this is his "furever home". Give it time.