we have a 13 year old cat that is clawing our new deck 4x4 poles and hubby won't put him down. what can i put on the pol

i purchased a cat pole, but he just walks by it...like whats this for??? Help me or I will take him for a ride or find a new home for him. I would never put him down.

Asked by Member 1111175 on May 17th 2012 in Scratching

Answers

Shadow (In loving memory)

Have you tried cardboard scratchers? You can get them at Petsmart or Petco. My mom got one of those for me and I never used anything else afterwards. There are a wide variety of scratcher choices out there. Try different kinds. Most pet stores will refund your money on one that is not used.
Also - if he is used to using a wood post, try creating one for him just to scratch on. Reward him when he uses it and spray him with water from a water bottle when he uses the deck poles. Do not just abandon him. That is just cruel.

Shadow (In loving memory) answered on 5/17/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer