******URGENT***** MY CAT JUST ATE A STRAW WRAPPER FROM A JUICE BOX! SHOULD I BRING HIM RIGHT TO THE VET, OR SEE IF HE PA

I'm really sure what to do! I kow he thoroughly chewed it, but I still would hate for him to be in pain!

Asked by Member 1108329 on Apr 29th 2012 Tagged swallow, wrapper, help, urgent in Swallowing Foreign Objects

Answers

Don't panic. Chances are that the wrapper, not being "solid" or sharp, will pass through and you'll find it in his litter box. There's also a chance he didn't really swallow it. Signs to look for are excessive meowing, stopping eating, "retching" and not vomiting and tenderness in the gut area. If he shows none of these signs, he's fine. And, in the future, should you have what you feel is a medical emergency with your kitty, call a vet and don't use a generic website where you might not get an answer for a few days as a substitution for medical advice. Remember, even if we are vets, we can't diagnose or prescribe treatment or medications for a cat we can't see or examine.