Twitching

Ruby has been really twitchy half way down her back to the base of her tail. I took her to the vet and they said fleas, which was surprising, but nonetheless I gave her Frontline. Well, she is still just as sensitive or twitchy. It's frustrating to see that my petting her is causing so much discomfort. What do I do? Besides go back to the vet.

Asked by Member 982696 on Apr 20th 2010 in Skin Problems

Answers

It's possible that she may still be itching from the flea bites, which are like mosquito bites are to us. She may have an allergy to the flea saliva, which would make things even worse. Take a close look at her skin back there, brushing the fur up against the way it grows to see if the skin looks red, unusually dry or otherwise irritated. If you see anything on the skin, call your vet to ask for advice.

Luke

my cat does it to but of course not all the time, but i asked the vet and she said that its normal they r called twichting spasms. but its normal.

Luke answered on 4/22/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer