THIS WILL BE THE 3RD DAY MY CAT WON'T EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING. SHE IS WALKING AROUND LIKE SHE IS 80 YEARS OLD. REAL WEEK . I FORCED HER TO DRINK WATER AND SHE THREW UP WHITE BUBBLEY FLEM AND WHEN I PICKED HER UP TO GIVE HER MORE WATER, SHE PEE'D ON ME. WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM? JUST A COLD, OR BLADDER OR KIDNEY INFECTION. SHOULD I TAKE HER IN TO SEE THE VET OR JUST WAIT IT OUT? THANKYOU.

Asked by Member 769716 on Nov 18th 2008 in Illness & Disease

Answers

CALL THE VET! Definitely not just a cold. Not even close to the symptoms of a cold. Could be anything from an infection to kidney failure and NOT something you can diagnose or cure without a trip to the vet. Kitty needs help right away.

Allie is absolutely right. We are simply a forum of cat lovers here and not vets. We don't know and have never seen your kitty. It wouldn't be wise to try to offer advice to you about what's wrong. If we gave you the wrong advice, your cat could die. We know vets are expensive and sometimes it's inconvenient to take our animals to them, but your cat sounds like she is very sick. Forcing water or food down her throat is not the way to go and won't cure her. If you don't have a vet for her, log on to www.yellowpages.com and type in vets in your area.

your cat is in the final stages of death. If you dont take her to a vet immediately she wont be around much longer if its not too late already.

Gracie

She should have seen the vet after 24 hours of not eating. Cats can become dehydrated pretty quickly. This can result in liver problems, and chemical imbalances that could cause permanent damage and or death, so please take her to the vet immediately.

Repeat: it doesn't matter what the problem is, once they haven't eaten an entire day, they are VERY sick. DO NOT wait this out!!!!

Go to the vet ASAP.

Gracie answered on 11/18/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

tommy

this happend to my cat stickers i didnt know what was happing i was with my grandma i wanted to go home but my mom said i couldnt.The next day my mom picked me up and said we have to get my cat from the hostple she almost didnt mack it but she did.So take your cat to the vet plz my cat dosent have what yours is doingh bur plz take it to the vet plz.

tommy answered on 11/18/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Marcie

DON'T WAIT! TAKE YOUR CAT TO THE VET ASAP!! Even if you need to go to the emergency vet. That is definitely not a cold.

Marcie answered on 11/18/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

GET YOUR CAT TO A VETERINARIAN IMMEDIATELY! It sounds as if she is suffering from kidney and/or liver failure. This will happen even if a cat has not eaten for 36 hrs. There is definitely something serious going on here and you need to act NOW! Best of luck to you and your kitty.