Shinto

The outside of my nose is bleeding. The scabs come off and it feels like its getting worse. It goes to my lip too.

This hurts really bad and it keeps me from eating and drinking sometimes. When mommy tries to put medicine on it, it hurts and I want her to stop. My lip is hurting too and my nose leaks into my mouth and it irritates me. I just want it to go away and I dont know how it happened.

Asked by Shinto on Jul 2nd 2009 Tagged nose, bleed in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Mr. Fez (Angel Dreamboat #25)

Shinto needs to go to a vet to find out what is wrong and get appropriate medical treatment. We are not vets here - just people who love cats. Please take him to a vet ASAP.

Mr. Fez (Angel Dreamboat #25) answered on 7/2/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Atrus

Go to the vet. I don't know what kind of "medicine" you've been putting on your cat, but unless you got it from the vet, stop now or you could be poisoning your cat. Go to the vet before this becomes infected or worse.

Atrus answered on 7/2/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Welcome to Catster. Please understand that we are not vets here and cannot and should not try to diagnose or prescribe treatment for a cat we don't know and have never seen. Shinto could have anything from a bee sting to a cancerous ulcer on his lip. We all know vets are expensive, but he really needs to go to one for treatment. Without knowing what the sore is and what sort of medicine it would take to cure it, home treatment, as was said, can be inneffectual at least and poisonous at the worst.