Yuki

Shouldn't Yuki already be in heat?

Yuki is already 7 months old, nearly 8 and she should be going into heat soon, right? I've seen kittens as young as 4 or 5 months go into heat but usually kittens go into it at 7 months, correct me if I am wrong. Yuki is a British Shorthair and I know that the age a kittens go into heat varies for several reasons but can anyone estimate when she will go into heat, or at least give me a few tips on later how to breed her with a male. Plus, how long will she stay in heat for?
Thank you,
Sandra :3

Asked by Yuki on Oct 31st 2013 Tagged heat, kittens, months, breeding, breed, breeds, care, male, female, kitten, cat, british, shorthair in Health & Safety

Answers

The timing is individual and genetic, just like with people. We read before that you want her to with get it on with the boy cat next door, but it is biology and menstruation can happen any time up to one year of age. She will be in heat for a few weeks, and if they like each other when in the same room they will do it... also just like with people. What are you planning on doing with this future litter... are you trying to sell them? What's the rush?? ^_^

Princess

It seems you are interested in breeding, if so first if your kittens parents are not registered as pure breeds and if your Yuki isn't registered as a breeding cat, the litter will never sale as pure breed cats because there is no proof she is. Second, the first cycle can be erratic, but the whaling will be a sure sign because you won't be sleeping when she finally goes into heat. Third, the pure breed cat associations have tons of information on breeding I suggest you check there. But, again, if your cat isn't registered, which any buyer can check, with one of these associations you won't be able to sale them as pure breeds. Oh, and once she goes in heat your home will develop a really funny smell from marking. To find a male you need to advertise for a stud and be prepared to pay a "stud fee".

Princess answered on 10/31/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer