Should I stop a pregnant mom from nursing 5-6 week old kittens?

I've recently taken in a Mama cat with 3 kittens, approx. 5-6 weeks old. Mama is very pregnant with a 2nd litter, and the 3 kittens have no problem eating dry and wet food. However, the kittens are still nursing, due to Mama being pregnant. My concern is for the unborn kittens. Should I stop the 3 from nursing? And if so, how?! Mama doesn't like being away from her babies.

Asked by Member 1173895 on Jun 5th 2013 Tagged pregnant, nursing, otherkittens in Health & Safety

Answers

She would be fine in the wild without you, and you should trust that she will do right by her next litter. It is now YOUR responsibility to get her SPAYED and the kittens NEUTERED AND ADOPTED. Don't worry about anything but those two MAJOR responsibilities!! ^_^