Should I be able to feel my male cat's genitalia?

I own an almost three year old tabby & siamese mix. He eats regularly scheduled meals and is pretty active. For the most part, he's a happy cat.

Now, my cat is not fond of tummy rubs, so I've never realized this, but today when I was rubbing my cat's belly I realized that the bottom of my cat's belly (closer to between his legs than to his torso) there is a small bulge. Now, it's not an immense bulge, but it's there. Now, not having ever realized this, I became a bit worried.

My question is, is this normal? The only thing that came to mind was the possibility of it being my cat's penis, but I also worried about it potentially being an inflated bladder or infection of some sort. He does not seem in pain or uncomfortable, but I figured it did not hurt to ask.

Thank you for your input, I try to stay as informed about my pet and cats overall, but sometimes I am a bit naive. It is greatly appreciated.

Asked by Member 1188896 on Sep 7th 2013 Tagged cat, stomach, bulge, genitalia, bladder in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

You are feeling the furry testicles, which is normal. In the old days cats were castrated so we didn't notice that boys have outside parts. You are a good kitty mom; your cat deserves some new flavor fusion greenies in chicken & salmon twist!! ^_^