Scabs on lower half of kitty and now multiple bumps on outer part of ears?

My 13 year old kitty's lower half is covered in scabs! I gave him a bath and they smoothed out for a couple days, but always come back! I noticed multiple bumps on his ears today, but not scabs. My other kitties don't have this and I know it isn't fleas. What could it be?

Asked by Member 1135262 on Oct 10th 2012 in Skin Problems

Answers

If you are positive your cat doesn't have fleas, then it sounds like some other medical issue, even a recently-developed allergy to his food or something else in his environment. In people years, your cat is in his 90's and you know that when people age, they develope all sorts of medical and neurological issues. I doubt if bathing him will help if it's coming from inside. It may make it worse by drying out his skin and stressing him out. Your best bet would be to take him to his vet and let them examine him. They may even do a skin-scraping or blood tests to determine if it is an allergy.