Rhea

Rhea keeps peeing on my bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so sick and tired of this. I have gotten a mattress cover that is water proof. I only had my door open for 5 minutes before I went to work when I came back home from work and went to bed she had pissed all over my bed sheets and pillow if the 5 minutes the door was open. WTF!!!!!! She is a very expensive breed and I don't have the money to build an outdoor enclosure for her to be outside permanently. I am trying to save money to get her a new litter box and litter she likes but I cant have her pissing all over the house and my bed. Its disgusting and unhealthy on both parties. This is the second sheet she has ruined in 2 days. I don't have the money right now to take her to the vet as I am short on payments and have to get them paid before I take her to the vet. But this is beginning to be ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!! I am a very responsible owner but cant afford some stuff. Don't bash me for not taking her to the vet right away!!!

Asked by Rhea on Aug 4th 2013 in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

Shu Shu

I had luck with feliway, which is a plug in that releases a feel good hormone into the air that only the cat can smell. It helped my cat to stop peeing on the couch. The other thing I did was cleaned the couch like crazy because even if it smells just a tiny bit like her pee, she will pee there again and again. You could try also putting her litter box in front of your bedroom door.

Shu Shu answered on 8/4/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I feel badly that you are so fed up with Rhea. Unfortunately, paying a lot for a cat doesn't guarantee that she won't need to go to the vet. And vets, as we all know, can be expensive. Bottom line is that if she has a urinary tract infection, she will continue to not use the box until it's cleared up. No way around THAT one. I'm not "bashing" you, just being honest. If she's not spayed, she needs to be as that contributes to territorial marking if that's what she's doing. If you are stressed by whatever, she's picking up on that and if you are exasperated with her and not paying attention to her or socializing her, this will also contribute to the issue. She knows you're angry with her. Building an enclosure and making her live her life outside isn't the solution either. Cats need to be a valued, contributing member of a family, have the opportunity to socialize, etc. If you got Rhea from a breeder, ask for their advice. They may even offer a refund and take her back. Good luck.