Rhea

Rhea is having litter box issues!!!!!!

Okay so to start out with the first time she went outside of the litter box was when my niece was leaving for a week. That's when it first started and its been off and on for quite awhile now and now she absolutely refuses to use the cat genie no mater what we try its very frustrating. I have even contemplated giving her back to the breeder. I love her to much to give up on her and want to fix this issue but I cant get her to start using it. I have talked to the breeder and she suggested a few things we have already tried with little luck. What do I do even if I bring back the regular litter box she still has issues with it. She is 9 months old spayed. I need advice. She doesn't have any health issues but is very stressed out about the cat genie.

Asked by Rhea on Oct 18th 2013 in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

Covered litter boxes are for people, not cats (in the wild they're not huddled in a box). Switch back to an open pan and UNSCENTED litter. Then try Dr. Elsey's problem cat attractant additive- he guarantees 100% litter box use or your $$ back. When you see your cat emerge from the box after having used it, give her a treat to help reinforce the positive behavior. ^_^