Re-Introducing Kittens

My kittens are from the same litter, both female. They are around 3 months. They were seperated for around one month. When I brought them back together one hisses and growls constantly and they chase eachother around. I am not sure if I should seperate them or continue to have them together and work things out? When I use a gate to sepearte them they just jump over it, and I am not sure if closing them out with a door will solve anything. I do feed them side by side and play with them together. I feel bad, it is the kitten that has not originally lived with me that hisses. She lived with another cat for the month seperated and I feel she may be a little tramatized from that expereice. What should I do?

Asked by Member 1183126 on Jul 30th 2013 Tagged kittens, introducing, behavior, hissing, fights, sisters, seperation in Kittens

Answers

Let them get used to being sisters again, and let them work it out under supervision. Don't leave them alone together until you're sure that they will not fight. Note that fighting is different than aggressive play. ^_^