Pondering adoption??

I have a 10 year old male cat who is used to being the "king of the castle". I have found this lovely female who is 1 1/2 years and really sticks to me. She definitely has a strong personality and can be feisty sometimes, though not overly aggressive. I know how to handle her and she is sooo affectionate towards me. I know a trial would be the best solution but I feel that I would get discouraged knowing my male would not be happy for a long period of time. Any suggestions??

Asked by Member 1121809 on Jul 21st 2012 Tagged adoption in Adoption & Rescue

Answers

Even though this cat has taken a liking to you, it is difficult for a senior cat, especially one who has been alone for many years, to start having to share you and their territory with another cat. You need to introduce them slowly by keeping them separated for a period of time until you feel they are ready to meet one another. Both cats need to get used to the idea that there is another kitty in the home. I hope a 1-1/2 year old isn't too feisty for a 10-year old cat! Best of luck.