Please help with my cat's odd behaviour!

So lately my cat has been getting into these funny moods that he won't snap out of. Basically what happens is I will get up to walk somewhere in the house and he follows and runs ahead of me but all of a sudden his stance changes and I can tell he wants to attack me. So I stand still and loudly say NO to try and snap him out of it. He just meows back at me and continues to flick his tail around and has a very rigid stance. It doesn't matter how many times I say no or if I clap he just meows at me and won't let up, if I move my feet he attacks them - painfully! I don't know why he is acting like this but it is really horrible PLEASE HELP!

Asked by Member 1210206 on Jan 18th 2014 in Behavior & Training

Answers

It sounds like your cat is an only inside cat, is bored and wants to play. Buy him more toys... all different kinds from the 99 cent bins. Then, get him a cat condo so that he has vertical climbing space. Interactive toys are good, such as remote control or battery-operated with moving parts or beams to chase. Adding a couple of scratchers and a cat bed is good too, as well as treat time (Greenies dental) after a meal (especially if you feed wet to clean his teeth). There are also kicking (long) toys, doorknob-hanging toys and the cat sitter dvd that you can buy to entertain your cat when you are tired. The best solution is to get him a little friend, preferably spayed and of the opposite gender. Then, they will have each other to play with instead of only YOU!! ^_^

Orion Hemingway answered 2 weeks, 2 days ago. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer