Please help me?

I don't know what to do. My mother has a bunch of cats like 6. For the past 2 or 3 years these cats have been pooping and peeing everywhere. I cant take it. i can't breath anymore and I get constant headaches. She wont get rid of them the whole house smells horrible and I'm getting depressed. I don't know who to call but do you have any idea what I can do. It's not that simple I can't just "clean it up". Please help me? :(

Asked by Member 1157582 on Mar 1st 2013 in Behavior & Training

Answers

No, you can't just "clean it up" and I would never suggest to you that you should. Your home is a biohazard and your mother is a Hoarder. She may have mental issues and you should not have to deal with this on your own. You have a few options, but neither will be easy. You can contact your local humane officer or animal warden. The humane officer is usually affiliated with a local pound, shelter or animal protective service. On www.petfinder.com, type in your city and a list of local shelters should come up. Any of them should be able to tell you how to contact the Humane Officer. The animal control officer can be found through your local police department. If you are a young adult or a child, you may have to rely on an older family member or friend for help and support. You can even speak with a guidance counsellor or trusted teacher. If you are an adult, you will still need the support of a friend or relative. Your mother will not be happy about what you must do. Good luck.