Please Help!! Introduced new kitty to 2 other cats

Please help!! Just introduced new 14wk old de-sexed, male kitty, 2 other de-sexed males, one 3 other 5-6yrs old, 3 yr old is best friends with kitty, but 5-6 yrs old, is not. He hids and hisses at him, refused to have anything to do with him, not eating. Last time I introduced him to a cat, took him 1yr to stop hissing at him, and come out to solicilise. I don't want this experince to be the same, giving him more attention, buring lavander insence, & have the famous cat plug in thingy; I'm at a loss.

Asked by Member 1182398 on Jul 25th 2013 in Aggression

Answers

Why are you introducing another baby male into the territory of two grown males? Of COURSE they are going to gang up on him. In the wild they wouldn't want him in their territory either. On the other hand, I have two boys and a girl of all different ages, and I just brought in a new 6-week old tortei female rescue with NO SEPARATION. Yes, it can be done... because I know my animals and understand what they will accept. There was hissing and growling and still is, while she learns her place, but she is hanging out by them, always following them around and learning how to be a big girl cat from them. It is usually best to introduce an opposite-sex kitty to avoid the territorialness that you are currently experiencing. Speak to reps from local rescue groups in your area for help. P.S.- Giving the kitten more attention makes the others WAY more upset... they are feeling abandoned. You have to shift your attention to the older cats and let the new one learn to adapt!! ^_^