Rascal is now an angel

periodically my cat licks himself and then bites at the air. indoor cat, has all shots. nothing on skin or fur

Asked by Rascal is now an angel on Jan 5th 2011 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

I know Rascal's a kitty, but when my in-law's Pomeranian did this, the vet said it was a mild form of epilepsy. There was no need to start her on medication. It was, quite simply, just a few second's interruption in the signals to the brain. If you notice that Rascal seems to be having difficulties seeing, hearing, walking, or just managing daily life, please call your vet. If these are his only symptoms, I wouldn't worry.

Are you sure he's just "biting at the air"? When mine lick themselves they often make a motion kind of like that but they are trying to swallow the hair they just got all over their tongue from the grooming.

If you have a phone or camera that can get a video of rascal when he next does it take it to your vet so they can check it out for you.