Own a RagaMuffin,but he sleeps way much than I have read about them. Is it ok? He is a bit fat, how to get in form? Love

Asked by Member 1155570 on Feb 16th 2013 Tagged sleep, fly, overweight, ragamuffin in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

You don't say how much a "bit" fat is, but if he has a weight problem, he may need to go to his vet for suggestions about a new diet. I can say that my cats mostly sleep all day as well and don't get active and thunder around our house chasing toys and each other until I'm in bed trying to sleep. That's just the way cats are. You may try to get him interested in moving around a bit more by playing with him as often as you can. Lizzie's favorite toy is a toilet tissue tube with a string of yarn attached that I pull across the floor, so the toys needn't be expensive or intricate.