Mischief

Our cat loves playing with rubber bands, and when she's done playing, she puts it in her food bowl. What does this mean

Asked by Mischief on Jun 2nd 2011 in Behavior & Training

Answers

I've found toys in or next to Izzie's food bowl as well and I have an orange rubber bracelet from the ASPCA that he's stolen off my vanity that's never in the same place twice in the AM. I've also found toys in or next to the litter box. Izzie is very busy and "important" in our household and he has to be everywhere at once to make sure whatever I'm doing isn't something he needs to supervise. I tend to believe that in the midst of his importance, he either gets hungry or has to "go" and drops his toy whever he happens to be for playtimes to be resumed later.

Playing with rubber bands is dangerous for a cat. I found this on a site & copied & pasted it: We've all see the pictures of cat's playing with a ball of yarn. It makes for a cute picture, but cats can ingest that yarn, causing serious respiratory or digestive problems. Other common playthings that your cat is likely to pick up include string, dental floss, rubber bands, twist ties, sewing supplies, and fishing line; these are all items that can lead to serious, even fatal, problems for your cat.

Mr. Tigger

One of my cats loves to play with ribbon. I often find her ribbon in the food dish. I am assuming she was playing and got hungry and forgot the ribbon was in her mouth and it fell out when she started to eat. Oh, the mind of cat will never be explained!

Mr. Tigger answered on 6/4/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer