Our cat has a swollen bottom lip. It almost looks infected, but there isn't any change in any of her habits? What coul

Her lip is swollen and almost looks like a cold sore.

Asked by Member 536029 on Nov 25th 2007 in Skin Problems

Answers

Hattie

It may be a rodent ulcer... which is also known as eosinophilic ulcer.

There was a thread in the Cat Health forum which might be helpful for you.
www.catster.com

Hattie answered on 11/25/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

cats also get pimples. My cat had the same thing years ago. It got very big and she scratched it and it popped and drained. Whatever it is I wouldnt let it go longer than a couple weeks without being checked on.

Lucy

Hi, I did hear somewhere that bacteria forms on the pets dishes, especially plastic and it is very important to clean and to change the water daily. If I were you I would call your vet and ask them to see if they can help. It may be something very serious and better to check it out as early as possible. I wish you the best.

Lucy answered on 11/29/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer