Our 4 yr old female cat is suddenly sleeping in strange places - our closets, the top of the computer desk, bookshelves,

Asked by Member 1136601 on Oct 19th 2012 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

I've often said that if we could write a book that definitively explains cats and why they do what they do, we'd be trillionaires! However, if your cat's behavior seems "odd" in other ways as well and it seems to you that she's hiding, I would call the vet. Catsters always recommend checking with the docs when our furkids exhibit behavior changes of any kind. Hiding is one of the warning signs of not feeling well. If everything else is normal with her, she's probably just looking for a change of scenery and you might want to consider one of those tall 'cat tree' carpeted things. My cats have one in front of our patio door and they LOVE it!