One of my cats just passed away. What can i do with his body?

One of my cats just passed away and we dont know why. I woke up this morning to find that he died. His name was milo. What are some options that we can do with his body?

Asked by Member 987247 on Jun 23rd 2010 in Local Spots & Services

Answers

I am so very sorry to hear of Milo's passing. This is so sad and unexpected for you. I experienced this myself two years ago and had my cat cremated. You have two options: either bury him or have him cremated. Call your vet and check to see how much they will charge you for cremation if that is what you want to do. Again, I am so sorry for your loss.

Dolly ****Rainbow Bridge****

I am so sorry about Milo. I lost my Dolly 2 years ago and we had her cremated. The vet can arrange individual cremation where your baby's ashes are returned to you in a keepsake box or a less expensive cremation alternative where you do not get the ashes back. I have Dolly's ashes. I could not bear the thought of burying her, but that is also an option if you have a yard with an area that you can do that.

Dolly ****Rainbow Bridge**** answered on 6/23/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Strangelove (1988-2006)

You can bury him in your back yard or you can take his body to the vet and they can have him cremated for you. They can either do a private cremation for you where you get his ashes back (more expensive) or a general one where they cremate multiple pets together. You could also call animal control to see if they can dispose of his body for you.

So it really depends on whether you want to do some kind of ceremony or just want to dispose of his body. If you have a garden burying him there and covering the grave with a stone to keep animals away is a nice way to do it and doesn't cost anything.

For my cats I did the cremation at the vets and sprinkled their ashes in the garden where they liked to hang out.

Strangelove (1988-2006) answered on 6/23/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer