King Louie

One of my 6 week old kittens are very Sick! What could have happened to him?

Jusy yesterday, i found him very ill just laying around not wanting to play with his brothers at all. He just seemed not with it at all. So i took him to the vet. He had a 105 temp. and they said that we could try some meds. and fluids but that all they could do. They think he is not going to make it. I think so too. What could have happened to him becuase he was fine one day then the next day he was very sick! I wish i could know what happened to him that made him so sick so fast

Asked by King Louie on Oct 23rd 2008 in Illness & Disease

Answers

What did the vet tell you was wrong with the baby? There are lots of things that could have gone wrong, one of them being a disease passed from the mother to the babies. If it were my kittens, I'd take them all to the vet and have them checked out. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and this poor little baby.

Shadow

Do you have Orkin service? I had 3 cats and 1 dog die from the Orkin "man". They said it was safe for pets but, my Vet said that if an animal is weak or it's immune system is down it can make them very ill. My cat had an IV for 3 days and a $500 Vet bill. I told Orkin and asked them not to come back to my house so they sent me an extra months bill.
Febreeze, air freshner, household cleaners, anything that you spray can also float into a water bowl, etc. is what my Vet also said he sees a lot of. Hope this helped.

Shadow answered on 10/25/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer