New Kitten/Young Cat running around all over the place and meowing a lot?

New cat, around 9-12 months old. Exploring and settling in very well. Likes two of our cats but doesnt get on with one. Meowing often, not non stop, but a lot. Runnig around very fast across the room. We play with him a lot but is he just exercising?:S

Asked by Member 1151029 on Jan 20th 2013 Tagged meowingrunningaroundnewcat in Kittens

Answers

Zedd

My cat is and has been very active, he loves to play. He plays fetch with me until he pants and falls over lol. It sounds like yours is the same way. He might need some mental stimulation too, but I'm not really sure how to do that. New and curious things to investigate? It sounds like he's just bored. Mine mews at me when he is bored, like "hello, entertain me.."lol

Zedd answered on 1/20/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Funny! ;) My kitten (about 5 mos.) also meows at me when he's bored.

I typically try to play interactive games with him at least twice a day - either a laser pointer or fishing rod toy. I've also heard that this type of cat may be easily trained to do tricks, and so for some mental stimulation I've been trying to teach him to do some basic things like give me his paw. And hiding some treats around the house for him to find can help - or setting up some simple (and safe) obstacle courses.

He may not be a cuddly type, but it also could just be that he's too young and active to show his cuddly side just yet.

You may have a very active and intelligent kitten on your hands! :) Check out the ASPCA's cat personalities for more info and tips - I've found them very helpful.