Poe

New kitten...HELP! Odd noise coming from stomach and won't stop pooping outside the litter box. :(

My new kitten, Poe, is now 8 weeks old and we've had him for 2 weeks. When we first brought him home, he immediately began using his litter box, and we were stoked because he has never been indoors. Unfortunately, he has now started to poo outside the box. His favorite place is in our spare bedroom (on the bed and floor), so we closed that off. Now, he's starting to go in the living room. How can I break him of this nasty habit? He's still using the litter box, as well. I should also mention that I have a 3 year old cat, Fitz. Both cats have separate food and litter boxes in separate rooms (although both use each other's). When Fitz saw that Poe was pooping in the spare bed, Fitz started peeing there (I'm sure to mark his territory).

Also, Poe was recently treated for roundworms and tapeworms. But before and after both dewormings, his stomach made/makes an odd popping/gurgling CONSTANTLY. Is this normal?

Asked by Poe on Aug 14th 2013 in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

Yes, worms are not fun for anyone. Add an extra communal water bowl to make sure they're drinking enough. Give Fitz special treats to say that you love him like Greenies SmartBites in chicken, salmon or tuna flavors. Make you de-scent with a product that is made to remove pet stain and odor to prevent re-marking by them both. There are anti-marking sprays in the pet store if that does not work. Ask your vet if the medicine might be making your new kitty incontinent for the time being. Also make sure that he is eating a good food like MaxKitten to reduce the smell and increase the firmness of his stools until he can hold it better. ^_^