gracie tatanka

neighbours little neutered female is being stalked and badly bullyed by a new tom in the area for the last couple of mon

Asked by gracie tatanka on Apr 30th 2013 in Aggression

Answers

Mrs. Kitty

Maybe the neighbor should bring her LITTLE neutered female inside or trap the Tomcat and have him neutered. Its great that the kittey is fixed but she needs to be inside for her safety and her health. All my bunch stay inside no matter how much they plead. Mainly with mine as soon as they are outside terror sets in and they are climbing the screen door to come back where its safe. I don't know why your neighbor is lettin her cat out to be stalked but maybe she doesn't realize its happening. talk to her and let her know what is going on. As a last resort I'd take her in to prevent her from being harmed and see when the neighbor noticed she was missing.

Mrs. Kitty answered on 4/30/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Mrs. Kitty is exactly right. The tomcat is establishing his territory and he is picking on those who are weaker/smaller than him. It is not easy to make an outdoor kitty into an indoor one, but in this case, your neighbor will be saving her kitty's life. I also agree that trapping the male is not a bad idea. Even if he belongs to someone, he is a nuisance in the neighborhood and needs to be gone.