Neighbours cats hanging around my house looking for my new kitten why?

I have a new kitten (14 weeks old male) I've had it for 3 weeks and have noticed two adult cats (one I presume is female from the collar and name tag the second I am not sure of its sex) they hang around the windows and doors for a long time. Is there a reason they are waiting and looking for my kitten? Could they become viscous towards him?

Asked by Member 1107913 on Apr 27th 2012 Tagged kitten, male, strangecats in Socialization

Answers

The neighbors cats could simply be curious about the new kid on the block, so to speak. If they are in the babit of roaming on your property, they consider your yard their territory. If the cats are hissing, clawing and yowling at your windows, then they most likely don't have friendly intentions toward your kitten. If they're just looking in, they may just want to meet him. However, I would not be anxious to let the kitten out. If he is not altered, you must do this if you intend to make an outside cat of him. If none of the 3 cats are altered, then there is about a 99% chance things could become ugly. Were I in your shoes, I would not be anxious, if your kitten is content inside the house, to let him out.