baby&titan

NEED HELP pleaseee

i know you guys told me before theat when my boys meow out of nowhere then i call and they come, they just want to know where i am. but now im starting to think they have separation anxiety... when they meow and i calll them to come, they will fallow me. anywhere i go they will fallow untill i sit down. then they sit like 6 feet away from me. eventually they get distracted and go play, but maybe a hour or two later it will happen again. im confused guys i need your help!!!

Asked by baby&titan on Oct 11th 2012 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Joey

Okay your kitties are still adolescents and they need to play! Yes I am sure they play with each other - but separation anxiety, in my experience, usually involves signs of aggression - not just vocalizing. When they start to howl - call them - then immediately distract them with a toy - shake it at them and throw it. This way they know where you are and they get the stimulation it sounds like they are looking for that doesn’t involve being constantly underfoot. Also, carve out regular playtime and wear them out - 15-20 min sessions. I have a very vocal cat - who has had separation anxiety in the past - and we have made a lot of progress trying different things. I think you just have two active kitties that want to play with their pawparent. Let me know how it goes.

Joey answered on 10/11/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer