My sweet cat suddenly started to viciously attack me, why? Can I have hope and no fear?

Two weeks ago, my cat attacked me for the first time. She viciously attacked me after I walked by her. My boyfriend had to get her off of me. She cut up my right leg and I was bleeding like crazy.
She attacked me again last night. My boyfriend got her before real damage was done. And now, I had walked into my room, and she had this look in her eye. I was firm and wasn't scared. I spoke to her calm, and I threw one of her ball toys hoping she would run after it. But she didn't lose focus on me, and she started hissing. She kept getting too close for comfort. I walked backwards to the restroom and tried to close it before she got in and she did. I sandwiched myself between the door and the wall until she left. she managed to draw blood on my hand.
She ended up peeing and pooping before she left.

I don't know what to do. I am terrified of her. I love her to death and it just hurts so much mentally and physically.
I don't know why she is doing this to me, she never did this before.
S

Asked by Member 1196176 on Oct 25th 2013 Tagged female, aggressive, aggression, attack, badbehavior, femalecat in Aggression

Answers

Cats don't change personality overnight without a reason. I'm guessing that the boyfriend is new and that she does not like him and is taking it out on you, especially if he smells like other cats or dogs, which is unnoticeable to you but a threat to your cat's inside territory. Cats also act out like this when something is physically wrong; she's trying to say help and REALLY get your attention. You need to get her to the vet NOW to make sure that something is not wrong. When they are in pain they can act out... badly. If she gets a clean bill of health, what has changed in her life, and revert back to the way things were before (more attention?) so she can adjust back to normal. ^_^