Stinky

My Siamese male, 12 yrs old..his stomach seems be bloated and hard...thinking he is constipated....any suggestions

Asked by Stinky on Oct 18th 2012 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

magnus

if it were my cat I would take it to my vet

magnus answered on 10/18/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Have you scooped any stool out of his box? If it's been a few days and you haven't, then he is constipated. You can try hairball formula dry food (integrate just a little at a time into his usual dry food) as that has more fiber to "push things through". Wet food also contains more fluid to hydrate his bowels if he's not a big water drinker. You can also try a bit of canned pumpkin (NOT pie mix!) if he'll eat it. Keep in mind that in human years, your cat is 84 and all of us, animal or human, require more medical care as we age. If his stomach remains hard and bloated, I would do as the previous poster suggested and at least call your vet.

it depends on how long he has been like this, cats can get constipated and when mine does i give him a little hairball stuff(kitty malt or anything like that) or mineral oil. It helps lubricate him so he can go. But if he is still having trouble after 24 hours i would take him to the vet.