My senior kitty won't eat her vet prescribed bland diet!! Help!!

My kitty is suffering bacterial issues and her vet said to keep her on a bland diet...problem? She won't touch it!! She is flat refusing to eat it...not sure what to do and I'm afraid she is going to get sicker if she doesn't eat :-( any suggestions??

Asked by Member 1155974 on Feb 22nd 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Angel Hallie (5-15-96/11-7-12)

Ask your vet about trying something like vanilla yogurt mixed with your kitty's food. Most cats like vanilla yogurt & it helps populate the digestive tract with desirable enzymes & beneficial bacteria.

Also tell your vet the difficulties you're having getting your cat to eat. There may be similar diets that your vet can try for your cat. Any vet knows that a cat can be very difficult to coax into eating when it's ill & doesn't particularly the food it's being served.

Angel Hallie (5-15-96/11-7-12) answered on 3/15/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

More Questions in This Category