My one year old cat plays a little too rough and gives me scratches and cuts everywhere. How to make her stop?

My cat is about a year old and very sweet and playful. She rarely wants me to pet her but always wants to play, even the minute she opens her eyes. Problem is, she plays very rough. She's always scratching me with sharp claws and biting me. When I try to discipline her, she thinks I'm playing, and if I hit her she either gets so brokenhearted and I feel bad or she gives me the silent treatment or she seeks painful revenge. What do I do to make her stop biting and scratching me?

Asked by Member 1210592 on Jan 20th 2014 Tagged scratches, bites, rough in Aggression

Answers

Easy solution- wear a rubber glove (for doing dishes) when playing. You will be scratch-free and happier. Your kitty will learn that the glove= play, and no biting is allowed without the glove. It will save your hands and make play a more fun experience for both of you. ^_^

Orion Hemingway answered 3 weeks, 6 days ago. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer