My old cat doesnt like the new one, so she shows it by peeing/pooping where its obvious. How do I get her to stop?

I have had Maggie for about 6 years now, but she really doesnt like our new kitten. Before we got her, she was a skittish cat helpless in a house full of other cats that had claws. She has been showing her anger by hissing and pawing at him mostly, though she can't do much harm. Maggie never really has got along when other cats are around. She also pees and poops in obvious places to show her anger that she doesn't agree, even though she knows better. I don't want to get rid of either cat, but if she doesn't stop it might come down to that

Asked by Member 1143249 on Dec 1st 2012 Tagged kitten, oldcat, jealousy in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

Baby

Your cat may be territorial or very uncomfortable with your new kitten.Maggie is pooping and peeing because she is marking territory places letting the kitten know "Hey,make sure you stay away."The hissing and pawing is meaning that she is old.Old cats are very capable of hating youngsters like your kitten.Its like my pop,he hates me as much as my kitta hates my cats.If you want Maggie to get along better,get her and the kitten to take a few steps backwards and look around.Maggie is jelous probably.It has occoured to me many times and they just need to get along better.Because the kitten is new,Maggie might not like the kitten.

Baby answered on 12/1/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer