Cutie

my new kitten stepped in a pan of paint and his paw is now covered paint how can i get it out washing didnt do it help

The paint is now dry and her paw hair is completly covered with paint. i called my vet they said just to wash with shampoo it didnt work do you know what will?

Asked by Cutie on Oct 31st 2007 Tagged remove, paint in Other Grooming

Answers

Pookie

Hi there!!!
I have had this happen to one of my favorite kee-kee's before but it was with wood glue!!! After it dried, we had to cut and shave all the pieces still left on the foot, off. It took a minute but eventually it came clean. I would almost say use some deluted paint thinner on a rag, carefully, but now that is dried it might not work as well. Most likely, cutting (with small sissors) and picking it out would be the best option. You will have to do it in sessions because it will sting a little to Cutie. So, I hooe that helps a little!!!
Kisses!

Pookie answered on 10/31/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Awww, poor kitty!

Washing the paw with Dawn dish soap might work! You can also try rubbing it out with a wet baby wipe.

If none of that works, don't leave the paint on the paw or the cat will try and lick it off itself which can make it very sick. With scissors or clippers, trim back the fur that has paint remaining on it.

There is a product called Goof Off. It's basically diluted paint thinner. It's completely safe for humans and animals, just make sure to shampoo area several times after using it. BTW It also will remove dried and wet paint from your hair, clothing, or furniture!