My new 4 month old kitten is sleeping all the time, is that normal?

I got him from the humane society on Thursday, and he was a ball of energy then! He was very rambunctious, but for the last couple days all he's been doing is sleeping. He'll wake up to eat, but he hasn't had much interest in playing.
I was concerned because I found dried lily pollen on my table after he walked on it. I wiped his paws and called the emergency vet a few hours later who assured me that if his only issue was sleeping and the pollen was old and dried, he was probably ok. Now I'm more concerned that he's not adjusting well to his new home.
His first vet appointment is on Tuesday, but I might try to get him in tomorrow just for my peace of mind. Thanks!

Asked by Member 1209123 on Jan 12th 2014 Tagged kitten, sleepy in Health & Wellness

Answers

Kittens can sleep for up to 18 hours a day; this sounds normal. Make sure he knows where his water, litter and food bowls are. Kittens need three sets of shots for immunity, and they often come from the shelter with worms, fleas or something else wrong with them. The vet will make sure that everything is okay with your new bud. Feed him a healthy kitten food during his first year of life like MaxCat Kitten food (both wet and dry), found at most pet specialty stores. ^_^