My manx kittens are making a big mess on themselves when they use the bathroom. Does this mean they need to be put down

I have 3 rumpies and 2 longies. THe 3 rumpies seem to have a more difficult time using the bathroom than the longies. My vet told me when I took them in to watch them and see if it improves. If not he said they may need to be put down. I have researched online and can't find much info. Please help!!!

Asked by Member 518247 on Oct 18th 2007 Tagged bathroom, manxsyndrome in Manx

Best Answer

Hunter

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!
Many Manx cats have a difficult time with constipation issues. This is because of their anatomy. What vet, in their right mind, is telling you to euthanize kittens because they have a difficult time with defecation.

First, find a more compassionate vet. one that maybe understands that euthanizing is not the answer for medical problems...veterinary MEDICINE is. Please do not euth. these babies. They may need laxative type medications but they certainly do not deserve to be euthanized.

Hunter answered on Oct 21st.

Answers

Buffy

How old are they? I know that buffy my kitten is 5 weeks and she just started going on her own. Surely there is a REASON like some sort of sickness that would cause this in older kittens something that can be treated. Keep me posted!

Buffy answered on 10/19/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Willie

as they get bigger that should stop happening. my cat used to do that and i would just run her bottom and her legs under the faucet to rinse. she was so little, it wasn't a big deal, just make sure the water is not too hot or too cold.

Willie answered on 10/19/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer