My Manx cat likes to chew on things and can get pretty rough while playing.Anyone tried a rawhide dog bone for their cat

My 10 month old Manx cat likes to chew on things and can get pretty rough while playing. I have noticed the edges of wood picture frames, furniture, boxes, etc. have been chewed on. I wonder if something like a rawhide dog bone would be good for her to chew on. Anyone ever tried that? They do say Manx cats are "dog cats" because they are like dogs in a lot of ways.

Asked by Member 1111704 on May 20th 2012 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Ghost

My human noticed I like to chew on things too. While she was at the pet store she picked up small rawhide strips ans asked the clerk about them. He said they're not even good for the doggies they're made for (hard to digest)!! The clerk showed her to the dental section where there was a firm, edible chew stick for dental care. I like it but it's hard to chew on if she isn't holding it for me. Hope this helps! =^.^=

Ghost answered on 5/21/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Rainey

I wouldn't give your cat (or dog) those types of chew toys. However there are specific cat chew toys that you can direct your cat to chew on. Also, if your cat chews on electrical cords, you can coat them with bar soap.

Rainey answered on 5/23/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer