My male cats are peeing everywhere.

For the record i have seen this question asked and answered numerous but didn't exactly pertain to my specific needs.
I have six adult cats. four females and two males. One of them being the mom the rest are the kittens. They were all neutered and sprayed at about 2 months old. They are two years old now.
my two male cats Gandalf & Johnny Cash are peeing everywhere! mostly on fabric such as my couch and pillows and clothes. If it helps they are bigger, much larger and fatter than our other cats, not obese or anything. We have three litter boxes and clean them regularly, two upstairs next to each other and one down stairs. I've watched them use there litter box as well. At the moment we have them outside, those two are indoor cats but we feel like its the only option at the moment. We plan on taking them to the vet as soon as we can. Anything we can do? They are seriously destroying our house

Asked by Member 1230879 on Aug 3rd 2014 Tagged peeing, malecats in Health & Wellness

Answers

You need one sandbox per cat- you do not have enough boxes. Then, try training litter or litter attractant- they might not like whatever you're using. Next, get your clothes hanging up or in a drawer (not on the floor) so the cats can't pee on them. You need to scoop the boxes twice a day... not sure what regularly is. Finally, cats will continue to resoil where they smell their own pee, so you need to buy a blacklight and survey the urine damage at night. Then you will need to buy a gallon bottle of enzymatic cleaner from the pet store. Cats' sense of smell is way better than humans. If you use a cleaner with ammonia they can still smell their own pee and will continue peeing inside. Give them treats for using the box, and play classical music to soothe them during the day when you're not home. If you catch them peeing inside, startle them and then guide them to the sandbox. Good luck!! ^_^