My male cat attacks his sister when we give her medication.

My female cat has to have eye drops for an eye infection. So for the last week we have been wrapping her in a towel and giving them to her. She yowls and struggles during this. My Male cat watches closely (Sniffing her while we do this), then attacks her immediately when we are done giving her the meds. Normally they never fight and love each other. Why is he doing this and how can we stop it?

Asked by Member 1197034 on Oct 31st 2013 in Aggression

Answers

Take her into the bathroom to give her medicine with the door closed. Only let her out after she calms down and the brother is not nearby- let yourself out of the bathroom 1st to check. Give the boy a treat after you leave the bathroom to distract him, like a Greenie or a feline Pill Pocket. ^_^