Max

My male cat attacks his sister when we give her eye drops

For the last week we have had to give our female cat eye drops three times a day. When we do this, Max, her brother,comes up and watches us, then immediately attacks her as soon as we let her down. She does struggle a lot when we are doing this, and yowls. They are about a year and a half old, and normally get a long great and love each other.

(I asked this yesterday but the message body did not show up so this is a repost) hopefully it works.

Asked by Max on Nov 1st 2013 in Aggression

Answers

When one cat is suddenly weaker, it will bring out the prey response in another instinctually, especially a sibling who is used to being equal. I have a cat that will hiss at any of my pets for TWO days who smells like they came from a vet visit. This is normal and will stop when the drops stop. Do yourself a favor and LOCK MAX OUT OF THE ROOM while you are doing this, or put him in the bathroom for a 5-minute time-out. That will give the other one a little time before he comes to jump on her head!!! ^_^