My little kitten Blaze was just brought home yesterday after we adopted him. They told us he is completley heathly and good. They even said he ate dry food and wet food. Which is good to know, because I'm not 100% sure on his age, but he won't eat his dry food! Yet he is acting hungry. Granit, the food was left out all night so it might be stale, but I'm going to try that out in a second. But I'm worried for him. Might it be just him afraid from adjusting to a new home? If so or not, he hasn't eaten anything since he got here. Please help me; Blaze is my FIRST pet and I want him to be heathly. How can I get him to eat?

Blaze is a young male kitten who was netured before we adopted him. I'm not 100% certain on his age, but he seems at least 2 months old?

Asked by Member 1177539 on Jun 29th 2013 Tagged kitten in Health & Wellness

Answers

Hello, dry kitten food contains 3x the protein of wet food, so you need to find one that's healthy for him and that he likes. I recommend Nutro's Natural Choice kitten food up until age 1 for kittens. The meat is chicken, the food is guaranteed and there is a can of grain free wet that matches the dry- you can find it in most pet stores. This lil' guy is old enough to eat dry food on his own, so don't give in and give him people food or let him be too picky, or you will be dealing with that for the rest of his life! Right now he's scared and you need to take him to the food, litter and water to remind him where they all are located. ^_^ Make sure that he always has plenty of fresh water available too!