My kitten wont stop peeing on carpet

My 7 month old kitten has been spayed, has no uti and I have used many enzyme cleaners but she wont stop peeing on my bedroom carpet. How do I make her stop?

Asked by Member 1212991 on Feb 24th 2014 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Bandit

Since Catster has a character limit on replies, I made an extended reply on my blog. You can view it here - alpha

To give the short version:
- Make sure her litterbox is appealing: VERY clean, in a quiet place away from high traffic areas of the house. May have to try a few different litter textures - cats tend to dislike the "gravel" type that gets stuck in their claws/fur.

- She may feel intimidated by being young + in a new home, & is trying to claim the room where she feels safe - your bedroom. Could also be competing with another animal in the house. Look into cat pheromone diffusers if that's the case (helps all cats relax.)

- Make sure she has easy access to HIGH perching places! She will feel much more confident, reducing her need to mark her territory, because she can survey it easily. Preferably have a room where she can run the border without touching the floor.

A much more in-depth reply is at my blog link!

Bandit answered on 3/2/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer