My Kitten was stepped on and I think that she has a broken rib?

OK so my kitten was sleeping and she is a very dark color so it makes it hard to see her, and my 190 pound boyfriend stepped on her and after he stepped on her she has been breathing funny and wont eat and is acting very strange I think her rib may be broken? My kitten is around the 6-8 week ago group. Please help me and i cant go to the vet for it or I wouldn't be asking on here for help on what to do? thank you!

Asked by Member 1114752 on Jun 9th 2012 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Timmy Tomcat DB #122a

Please please please take her to the vet NOW! She may die if you do not. Cats do not show pain or show when they are injured so if she is having some presentation SHE IS INJURED. Breathing funny and not eating are a bit more than a fractured/broken rib. Please take her to the vet! If you cannot afford it many will make arrangements!

Timmy Tomcat DB #122a answered on 6/9/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Dorian T. Catsby

DEFINITELY take her to the vet!

Most vets will allow you to make payment arrangements. We didn't have the money to treat our cat when he ate a plant (which we didn't know was toxic at the time of purchase), but we still took him to the vet because we care more about our pets' lives than money. There is no excuse for not taking a sick or injured animal to the vet.

Dorian T. Catsby answered on 6/9/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

As the other posters said, she needs to go to a vet right away! See if there is a 24 hour emergency center in your area. I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but your kitten needs medical attention, and is likely seriously injured. If money is an issue, see if they will work out a payment plan or apply for Care Credit. www.carecredit.com/ You are responsible for this kitten, and she is counting on you - go to the vet.

As the others have said, you need to throw yourself on the mercy of a local vet and explain to them what happened. I've never encountered a vet who will refuse to treat a very sick or injured animal because the owner couldn't pay. That would be cruel and heartless. Your kitten could be bleeding internally, or have internal injuries. You can't guess about what happened when your bf accidentally stepped on her. She's in pain and needs help. Borrow cash from friends or family if you need to. But, please get her in for help now!!

More Questions in This Category