my kitten wants to eat everything

Hi all.

I just wanted to see if this is the norm. My 10 week old kitten, is eating fine she has her kitten food, but no matter when she had eaten she will always want to come and have our dinner/snaks etc. I knwo this must smell nice to her but i was under ther impression they ate when hungry. We do not give her scrapes of our food. But we tellher no and she isn;t listening just so desbrate to get to our dinner. I need a way to teach her to stay away , off the chair and table!

Asked by Member 709344 on Aug 18th 2008 in Pet Food

Answers

Ernie and Izzie do this,especially when we have grilled steak or fish. It's my fault because once I gave them some and now they expect it at dinner time. If we aren't having what they like, they just leave, but when we have company, it's kind of embarrassing to have them sitting expectantly on the table...You can use a spray bottle when they get up there, but what i've found that works is just putting them in a separate room while we eat. It has nothing to do with whether or not they are hungry. You are sitting in one place and they basically want to visit and see what you are doing...