Tucker

My kitten Tucker, has been itching his neck to the point of bleeding is there a chance his collar irritated his skin?

I took off his collar but he seems to still itch? He doesn't have fleas

Asked by Tucker on Aug 27th 2013 in Health & Safety

Answers

That may be, but some of his flea treatment may have absorbed into his collar, which will cause itching and burning. Or, he may not be used to the collar. While he is at the vet, wash the collar in the washing machine with your clothes. When he gets home, make sure that the collar is fitted properly (two fingers fit comfortably between it and the neck). ^_^

Yuki

Well, in my opinion, I think that is might be how tight or how thick the collar is or in this case was. My cat Yuki had a thick collar and she kept itching (she wore the collar with a bell so that we would know where she is) so we took it off and gave her a homemade one (it's basically an elastic string with its bell attached). She stopped itching now. Since you took it off, the skin might as well be irritated. Since you took off the collar, like the first answer stated - there still might be some flea treatment on it. I would suggest keeping the collar off for a bit or just buying him a new one ^ ^

Yuki answered on 10/6/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer