My kitten is peeing randomly in the house and uses his litter box. What can we do to stop it?

Spaz, is an indoor cat, loves to play and all the affection; but he will look right into your eyes and pee on the couch. For the first month an a half he was fine, nothings changed, we got 1 other cat thats 2yrs older but now he's peeing on the bed, clothes, blankets and starting this morning the clean laundry. He still pee's in the litter box though, but continues to do it every day or couple days. Any idea's to break him out of it??

Asked by Member 825955 on Apr 13th 2009 in Behavior & Training

Best Answer

First, it could be a urinary track problem, so a trip to the vet would be important. Male cats get cystitis a lot which be serious so first see if it's that. If not, it may be a dominance thing cause you have another cat. Make sure you have two litter boxes and you scoop them every day!!! Also, is he neutered? If not, get him snipped!!! I have the same problem with a female who apparently has no medical problems which means it's behaviorial. I bought this stuff called Feliway spray which is a soothing hormone that does help a bit, but you have to use it every day. Good luck and don't give up.

answered on Apr 13th.

Answers

Billi Bi Humphrey

First thing, off to the vet with your little Spaz to see if he has cystitis. He may have got cystitis from the stress of having a new sibling. Are they buds? Or, he may just have got it, period. When my kitty Billi Bi got cystitis he would look ME straight in the eye and~~PEE!!! Usually in the kitchen or bathroom sink or the tub! He was saying, "Look, mom, something's wrong! Can you help me? I don't know why but It really hurts when I pee and my cat box reminds me that it hurts~~so I keep trying to find a new place to go where it won't hurt!" Cystitis can be very serious, so tuck him in his carrier and cart him off to his vet.

Billi Bi Humphrey answered on 4/17/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer