Ahri

My kitten is nonstop talking!

My girlfriend and I have had this cat for over 6 months and we have gotten very close to her. We recently went on a vacation and were gone for five days. Before we left she would talk to us sometimes..... But we just got back and she is non stop meowing/ talking. She's also rubbing her head on us and purring. The things is though, she keeps her rear end up and lays flat on her two front legs and will put her head down. I'm just wondering if she use missed us a lot or is there something wrong and she wants to tell me..... HELP!! I love my kitty and I want to make sure she's okay.

Asked by Ahri on Oct 22nd 2013 in Behavior & Training

Answers

If you think she has a health problem, then definitely take her to the vet. This is better behavior than what many cat owners experience when they come home from a vaca, which is poop or pee on the bed, being ignored or a temper to show their displeasure for being left alone or with caretakers. She was checked in on and had her box pooped each day, right? No cat should be left for more than a day and a half. If this is the case, she's probably saying hi and is being an angel so that you won't choose to leave her alone again! The best fix for this is, of course, a little neutered friend that she can play with when you're away. ^_^